1. OCI Miscellaneous Services can be availed only by the registered OCIs for re-issuance/issuance of duplicate OCI documents in the following contingencies:
(i) In case of issuance of new passport.
(ii) In case of change of personal particulars viz. nationality etc.,
(iii) In case of loss/damage of OCI registration certificate/visa.
(iv) In case of change of address/occupation.
2. This service(s) can be availed by filling the application online and submitting one copy of the application form to he High Commission of India Wellington.
3. OCI registration certificate and visa have got to be re-issued by availing this service, each time a new passport is issued, completion of 20 years of age and once after completing 50 years of age.
4. Re-issuance of OCI registration certificate and visa is not mandatory, each time a new passport is issued between 21-50 years of age. However, if the applicant wishes to avail this service, he/she can apply for the same.
5. In case of loss/damage of OCI documents, the service would be granted only after personal interview. The applicant shall be intimated date and time of personal interview from the High Commission of India, Wellington after receipt of the hard copy of the application.
6. In case of change of address/occupation, no hard copy of the application is required to be submitted to the High Commission of India, Wellington and therefore, new OCI documents shall not be issued. Upon submission of online application, the data shall be captured and new address/occupation shall be printed which may be kept in the OCI registration certificate booklet for record purpose.
7. Procedure for submission of application
(1) After accessing the OCI Miscellaneous Services and going through the Instructions for filing the application form, the applicant has to fill in at least one of the following data fields:
(i) U-Visa number
(ii) OCI Registration number
(iii) OCI File number
(2) Thereafter, the applicant has to fill in all the following fields:
(i) Current Passport number
(ii) Date of birth
(iii) Place of birth
(iv) Motherís name
The applicant would be able to proceed ahead and seek the particular service(s) only if, the above data (except 2 (i) above) matches with the OCI database.
(3) The applicant, thereafter has to select any one or many of the following services:
(i) Change of Passport particulars
(ii) Change of Personal particulars
(iii) Loss/damage of OCI certificate/visa
(iv) Change of Address/Occupation
(4) After selection of the service(s) to be availed, an Online Registration Form will appear having only the relevant fields that need to be entered as per the services (s) sought. The applicant has to fill in all the relevant fields afresh online. The reasons for availing the services shall also be filled by the applicant.
(5) Upon submission of the Online Registration Form, a hard copy of the application with Reference number along with the instructions for filling application form shall be printed. The applicant has to sign the application form, paste the photograph and append his signature in the box provided and submit one copy of the application form along with the relevant enclosures and fee as mentioned below. The application can be submitted to the High Commission of India, Wellington. Each applicant shall submit separate application form.
No hard copy of the application shall be generated in case of change of address/occupation since no application needs to be submitted to the High Commission of India, Wellington.
8. ENCLOSURES :
(i) OCI registration certificate (OCI booklet) accompanying old passport and new
(a) In case of loss of OCI Registration Certificate and/or Visa, copy of the complaint
lodged with Police authorities to be enclosed.
(ii) Fees :
(a) NZ $ 40 for re-issuance of OCI documents in case of issuance of new passport, change
of personal particulars, wrong filing of particulars.
(b) NZ $ 140 for issuance of duplicate OCI documents in case of loss/damage.
(Both OCI registration certificate and visa shall be issued in respect of any/all service (s)).
(iii) In respect of the service for change of address/occupation, no hard copy of the application shall be submitted to The High Commission of India, Wellington. Accordingly, the issue of Enclosures and payment of fee does not arise.
(iv) Two photograph of the size 3.5x3.5cm with light color background.
(v) Self addressed Courier pack for Returning your passport.
9. Status of the application
a. After receipt of the application in concerned office, a File (Acknowledgement) Number would be issued to the applicant by way of an acknowledgement.
b. If there are any objections while processing the application, the same will be displayed on the Online Status Enquiry. Please follow the instructions and send requisite documents to the High Commission of India, Wellington quoting the File (Acknowledgement) Number.
c. If the High Commission of India, Wellington seeks a personal interview, the date and time of the interview shall be sent by e-mail. Please attend the interview along with the requisite particulars/documents.
d. The applicant can verify the status of the application online on Online Status Enquiry by quoting the Registration Number or File (Acknowledgement) Number.
10. Procedure for receiving the new set of OCI documents The grant or otherwise of the service(s) sought shall be ordinarily decided in one month from the receipt of hard copy of the application. No fee shall be refunded if the requisite service(s) are not granted. Both the OCI registration certificate and visa shall be issued in respect of any/all service(s). The new OCI documents shall be issued only after cancellation of the old OCI documents.
If the requisite service(s) have been granted, please contact the High Commission of India, Wellington after 10 days from the date of dispatch of documents from Delhi or any day after receipt of documents at the High Commission of India Wellington, whichever is earlier.
(i) Please submit the passport for pasting the new Visa.
(ii) In case of re-issuance of OCI documents, please surrender the existing OCI registration certificate and produce the passport containing the existing visa for cancellation (in case the old passport has been surrendered, it need not to be produced).
(iii) In case of issuance of duplicate OCI documents for damaged documents, please surrender the damaged documents. In case only one OCI document had been lost, the other document shall be surrendered.